Ixchel Perez-Duran is Associate Professor (Profesor Lectora Serra-Húnter) in the Department of Political Science and Public Law at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB). Her research interests include public policy, governance, regulation, accountability, transparency, European Union institutions, EU agencies and national regulatory agencies.
She received her PhD in Political and Social Sciences from Pompeu Fabra University in December 2013 (European Doctorate Mention). Before joining the UAB, she was a Juan de la Cierva postdoctoral research fellow at the Barcelona Institute of International Studies (IBEI). She has been a visiting researcher at the School of Governance at Utrecht University, Leiden University, Antwerp University, the European University Institute and Copenhagen Business School.
His research has been published in the Journal of European Public Policy, Regulation & Governance, West European Politics, JCMS: Journal of European Common Market Studies, European Political Science Review, Journal of European Integration, Comparative European Politics and International Review of Management Sciences, among others.
UAB Research Portal: https://portalrecerca.uab.cat/en/persons/ixchel-perez-duran-3
Google Scholar: Ixchel Google scholar profile
AREAS OF INTEREST
Public policies, governance, regulation, accountability, transparency, European Union institutions, EU agencies and national regulatory agencies.
3 SELECTED PROJECTS
- Accountability and Transparency in Social Policies in Spain | ACT-SPAIN
- Principal Investigator: Ixchel Pérez-Durán
- Research grant awarded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation
- Period: 2020-2023 (3 years)
- Website: https://actspainproject.com
- Research project: Trust in Governance and Regulation in Europe | TiGRE
- Funding institution: European Commission’s Horizon2020 program.
- Coordinator: Martino Maggetti, Ioannis Papadopoulos Université de Lausanne
- Role: External contributorIBEI Team
- Website: www.tigre-project.eu
3 HIGHLIGHTED PUBLICATIONS
- Font, Nuria & Pérez-Durán, Ixchel (2022). Legislative transparency in the European Parliament: Disclosing legislators’ meetings with interest groups. JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies. First Online. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcms.13371.
- Pérez-Durán, Ixchel & Alfredo Hernández-Sánchez (2021). Transparency in nursing home services: a legal requirement and an issue of concern before and during COVID-19 in Spain? Revista Española de Ciencia Política, 57: 1-33: Doi: https://doi.org/10.21308/recp.57.00.
- Jordana, Jacint, Ixchel Pérez-Durán & Juan Carlos Triviño-Salazar (2021). Drivers of Integration? The Role of European Union Agencies in Transboundary Crises. Comparative European Politics. 19: 26–48. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1057/s41295-020-00221-6