The general objective of the PhD in Political Science, Public Policies and International Relations is to train students as researchers with a high level of knowledge and analytical capacity that can be applied in an academic or professional career at international level.
From the 2014-2015 academic year, our PhD program in Public Policy and Social Transformation joins the PhD in Political Science and International Relations to give rise to a new program in Politics, Policies and International Relations. Within it, there are two specific lines of research that are directly related to the IGOP and its doctorate: 1 / Analysis, management and evaluation of public policies and 2 / Social and urban policies: 1 / Analysis, management and evaluation of public policies and 2 / Social and Urban policies.
For more information and to apply for admission, contact the doctorate in Politics, Policies and International Relations directly (web http://ppir.uab.cat).
You can also contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lines of research
01 Analysis, management and evaluation of public policies
Potential Phd Supervisors: Xavier Ballart Hernández, Raquel Gallego Calderón
- Public policy analysis
- Public policy evaluation
- Public policy and public management
- Innovation in the public sector
- Decentralization and sub-national governments
02 Social and urban policies
Potential PhD supervisors: Ismael Blanco, Margarita León, Marc Parés, Joan Subirats, Ricard Gomà and Mayo Fuster
- Networks of urban governance
- Urban policies
- Comparative Social policy
- Politics of welfare reform
- Democratic innovation
- Internet and politics 2.0
- Territoriality, collective identities and society
03 Democracy, elites, political parties and citizenship
Directors of thesis: Eva Anduiza Perea, Eva Ostergaard-Nielsen.
- Stability and change in political attitudes,
- Political behaviour, protests, digital media,
- Political parties, party and governmental elites
- Political communication
- National identity
- Migration and transnational politics